The North Bay Police Service will be conducting R.I.D.E. stops this weekend to help make sure the roads are safe for St. Patrick’s Day. They want to wish residents of North Bay and the surrounding area a happy St. Patrick’s Day, and also remind everyone to stay safe by making wise choices. Police ask that rather than drive, you plan ahead to take a taxi, take a bus, or take a ride with a designated driver if you’re planning on having a few green beers to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend.
If you’re convicted for impaired driving of any kind, you could:
- lose your licence;
- have your vehicle impounded;
- need to pay an administrative monetary penalty;
- need to attend an education or treatment program;
- be fined;
- be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle;
- spend time in jail;
- end up with a criminal record.
So, police are asking you to be smart, and not have to rely on the luck of the Irish this weekend.