Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsChippewa Secondary School students sweep Waterloo Math Contest

Chippewa Secondary School students sweep Waterloo Math Contest

It’s solid gold for the mathletes at Chippewa Secondary School who wrote the University of Waterloo international math contest last month. This is the third year that Chippewa students have had the highest scores in the city for Grades 9 and 10 and the first year they have swept all 3 grades city-wide.

Raiders also topped Zone 63 north and east from Timiskaming to Cochrane and the overall Northern District that runs from the Barrie/Collingwood area, up to Timmins and west to the Manitoba border for grades 9-10.

Grade 9 – Ranked #1 with an aggregate score of 375 placing in top spot in Zone 63 and the Northern District. Grade 10 – Ranked #1 with an aggregate score of 350 placing in top spot in Zone 63 and the Northern District. Grade 11 – Ranked #1 with an aggregate score of 321 placing in the top spot in Zone 63 and topping Sudbury schools as well.

Honour Roll – Medallion and Certificate Winners:

Grade 9 –Nick Carr (medallion), Thomas Plamondon (medallion), Alex Aultmann, Gifford Smith, Albena Vassileva, Leah Chirico, Ashlin Cullin, Zachary Mitchell, Adam Weeks.

- Advertisement -

Grade 10 –Tracy Wang (medallion), Mya Cousineau, Drake Dietrich, Derek Jones, River McCubbin, Adam Valenti.

Grade 11 –Will Fraser (medallion), Mary Grannary

The students who wrote the test are enrolled in the ExcelleRAIDER or the International Baccalaureate program that has a greater depth and breadth than the regular program. Students also practice solving ‘contest-style’ problems and take the test annually.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading