Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsTwo people treated for smoke inhalation after structure fire on Ann Street

Two people treated for smoke inhalation after structure fire on Ann Street

- Advertisement -

North Bay Fire crews successfully handled a structure fire on Ann Street today, the second structure they’ve cleared in the past few days. Two people were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Deputy Fire Chief Greg Saunders says the incident was a grease fire caused by unattended cooking, and added they’ve seen a number of fire incidents caused by unsafe cooking practices lately. Fire can occur when oil is left on a stove and the heat gets hot enough to ignite it into fire. Saunders says when people think of fire most would suggest that you would use water to extinguish it.

Saunders says you should never use water to extinguish a grease fire. Using water in a grease fire will only make matters worse, much worse. The advice of North Bay Fire for these incidents is to try and turn off the element and cover the pot, only if it can be done safely. Get everyone out of the home and call 9-1-1.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading