Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsWeekend house fire caused by cigarette

Weekend house fire caused by cigarette

- Advertisement -

The fire that destroyed a home on Metcalfe Street on Sunday has been ruled accidental by North Bay Fire and Emergency Services. A release from Fire Chief Jason Whiteley says the fire started because of a cigarette.

Whiteley says the home owner returned from walking her dogs around 6:00am and saw her home was on fire. When firefighters responded to the call, they found the first floor of the home was fully engulfed, with fire on the second floor extending into the attic.

Whiteley says the fire was brought under control quickly, however fire crews remained until after 10:00am to make sure all fires were extinguished. The damage is around $250,000.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading