Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsLifesaving CO detectors donated in Mattawa

Lifesaving CO detectors donated in Mattawa

- Advertisement -

It’s the law. Carbon monoxide detectors must be installed in all residential dwellings that contain at least one fuel-burning appliance. More than 250 Ontarians have died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning over the last 15 years.

Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing partnered with the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) this week to contribute 25 carbon monoxide detectors to Mattawa, Ontario. Any residence that contains a gas water heater, gas furnace, fireplace or an attached garage must have a CO detector installed.

“I am happy to be donating these lifesaving CO detectors,” said Fedeli.  “Carbon monoxide poisoning is easily preventable.  Donations like these help raise much-needed awareness of the importance of guarding against carbon monoxide.”

The IBC has donated 1,000 detectors to fire departments across Ontario, with 1,500 more being given out this summer, among them the 25 donated to the food bank in Mattawa.

“Despite the serious threat of carbon monoxide poisoning, many Canadians do not have CO detectors in their home,” observed Kim Donaldson, Vice-President Ontario, IBC. “Events like [this] help create awareness about the steps Ontarians can take to protect themselves and their families.”

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading