Police crack down on drivers feeling a little too festive
Friday marked the first day of the 2017 Festive RIDE (Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere) Campaign. The OPP North Bay Detachment has conducted has 27 RIDE programs since Friday, in various locales.
- At the Festive RIDE launch, a member of the S.A.V.E. (Snowmobile, All-Terrain Vehicle and Vessel Enforcement) Unit charged one driver with Having Care or Control of a Motor Vehicle with Open Container of Liquor.
- At another RIDE Program in Nipissing Township on Friday at 1:10pm, officers issued a three-day suspension. The OPP can issue an immediate roadside driver’s license suspension to drivers who register a Blood Alcohol Concentration in the “Warn Range” of .05 to .08 mg of alcohol in 100 ml of blood.
At RIDE Programs on November 25, officers issued the following infractions:
- Two drivers with Having Care or Control of a Motor Vehicle with Open Container of Liquor, one in Chisholm Township and another in Nipissing Township.
- Another driver has been cited for Driving While Under Suspension in Mattawa.
- A Nipissing Township driver received a three-day suspension.
- And another three-day suspension was issued on Friday, at 11:28 pm, after a traffic stop in which the driver was initially stopped for speeding.