The North Bay OPP is reminding the public that consuming alcohol on a lake is an offence unless you are inside your ice hut.
The North Bay Detachment is reporting that last weekend was very busy on local highways, trails and lakes.
Officers conducted over 180 traffic stops and laid over 100 charges. This includes activity on lakes and trails patrolled by officers riding snowmobiles.
A sample of charges laid by North Bay OPP officers:
- Fishing Without a Licence
- Catching and Retaining Fish of Prohibited Size
- Fail to Wear Proper Helmet Off-Road Vehicle
- Fail to Display Evidence of Permit Motorized Snow Vehicle
- Having Liquor in Open Container in Other than Licenced Premises, Residence, or Private Place