Just after midnight on Sunday, officers from the Mattawa Detachment of the OPP stopped a vehicle for a Highway Traffic Act violation in Mattawa.
Upon speaking to the driver, the officer detected an odour of suspected marijuana. The driver was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, and the vehicle was searched. Numerous drug-related property items, some suspected oxycodone pills and Canadian currency was seized.
As a result of the police investigation, a 32-year-old Mattawa man has been arrested and charged with the following:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Marihuana, under 30g
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance – Cannabis Resin – Under 1g contrary
- Trafficking Schedule I Substance
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – under 3kg
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
The accused has been released on a promise to appear to attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Mattawa on March 14.