The Northern Ontario School of Medicine is looking for two volunteers to join its Aboriginal Reference Group. One open position is for an Aboriginal youth member and the other is for an Aboriginal health-care professional. For more information about how to apply, see below:
As a volunteer with the ARG, the incumbent would serve for a three-year term and would:
– Provide insight, direction, and guidance to the Dean.
– Contribute to NOSM’s unique mandate to be socially accountable to the people and communities that the School serves.
– Ensure that the interests of Aboriginal peoples continue to be accurately reflected in the direction of the School.
– Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the ARG strategic plan.
– Attend ARG meetings on a quarterly basis.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) written references for consideration. All applicants must explain why they feel they would be best suited for this position.
Applications, enquiries, and expressions of interest should be forwarded to:
Chair, Aboriginal Reference Group
c/o Aboriginal Affairs
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON