This week is Police Week and the North Bay Police Service (NBPS) will be joining police services across Ontario in marking the occasion.
This year’s theme is “Celebrating Policing and Community Partnerships.”
Police Week has been observed since 1970 in Canada and coincides with Peace Officers Memorial Day, which is recognized internationally on May 15.
The North Bay Police Service is a team of 94 police officers and 62 civilians who serve the City of North Bay and the Municipality of Callander.
Police Week Events:
- Monday, May 14th: Information article on the role of School Liaison Officers within the NBPS.
- Tuesday, May 15th: Members of the NBPS will be set up at the Northgate Shopping Centre from 11:00am to 2:00pm answering questions and providing information to members of the community.
- Wednesday, May 16th: Members of the NBPS will be at the Gathering Place preparing and serving lunch from 11:00am to 1:00pm. Members of the NBPS will be at the Friendship Centre playing a friendly volleyball game with some of the youth from the community.
- Thursday, May 17th: Members of the NBPS will be set up at the North Bay Mall from 11:00am to 2:00pm answering questions and providing information to members of the community.
- Friday, May 18th: NBPS will provide details regarding the new Community Services Coordinator position and the role this position is expected to have in working with the community on crime prevention and providing information to the community.
The North Bay Police Service recognizes its working relationships with other police services in the area, including the Ontario Provincial Police, the 22 Military Police Flight, the West Nipissing Police Service and the Anishinabek Police Service and wishes their partners well and thanks them for their continuing cooperation as community partners.