â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsStudents circle the bases to battle CF

Students circle the bases to battle CF

What better way to help knock Cystic Fibrosis out of the park than a fun day on the ball diamond?

The Nipissing University Student Union (NUSU), in collaboration with NU Lakers Crew, recently hosted a Shinerama Co-Ed Slo-Pitch Tournament to raise money and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis (CF), the most common fatal genetic disease affecting Canadian children and young adults.

The tournament, held last Saturday, featured students and community members hitting for power (and sometimes swinging and missing), and raised $2628.13 for Cystic Fibrosis Canada.

NUSU VP Communications Xander Winter said, “We are so fortunate to live in a city that cares so much for the CF community. For over 20 years NUSU has been involved in Shinerama and this slo-pitch tournament is just one of the events we will be hosting to bring awareness and raise funds.”

- Advertisement -

The students hosted this event ahead of their Shinerama Day that will take place on Saturday, September 1.

NUSU President Daniel Goulard says, “Students are introduced to the importance of philanthropy in their first week at university. We want students to see that raising money for groups such as Cystic Fibrosis Canada is a great thing to be a part of, especially when you know someone living with CF.”

Photo supplied by NUSU
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading