UPDATE: Over 20K in drugs and cash seized
Photo credit: Stu Campaigne, Moose FM
Some new information on Tuesday’s drug bust at a Bloem Street residence by the North Bay Police Service.
Police originally released to the media six people had been arrested and were in custody for drug-related offences after members of the North Bay Police Street Crime Unit and the Emergency Response Team conducted a search warrant at a residence in the 600 block of Bloem Street in North Bay, shortly after 8:30am on Tuesday.
Police are now releasing some more details of the raid.
The following items were seized at the Bloem Street location:
- 123 grams of cocaine
- 11 grams of crystal methamphetamine
- 28 morphine pills
- 13 Percocet pills
- 3 suboxone pills and
- $2,400 in Canadian currency
The street value of the drugs seized is $18,833.
As a result of the investigation, police arrested six individuals at the location. Investigators have charged a 36-year-old North Bay woman with:
- One count of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in cocaine
- One count of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in crystal methamphetamine
- One count of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in morphine
- One count of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Percocet
- One count of Possession of a Schedule I Substance (Suboxone)
Three 18-year-old men from Scarborough have also each been charged with Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in cocaine and Possession of Property Obtained by Crime, among other offences, and one of the men faces an additional charge of Possession of a Prohibited Weapon.
All four individuals charged were held in custody pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.
The two other individuals that had been arrested were released unconditionally.