AEFO to strike again Thursday
AEFO members strike outside Ecole secondaire catholique Algonquin. (Stu Campaigne, MyNorthBayNow.com staff)
All French-language schools will be closed to students on Thursday.
The Association des enseignantes et des enseignants franco-ontarien (AEFO) have announced they will be continuing the province-wide strike action for all 12,000 regular and occasional teachers under the union.
That means French-language students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 will be out of class.
The schools to be closed for the day are:
- Algonquin Grades 7-12 (North Bay)
- Christ-Roi (River Valley)
- Élisabeth-Bruyère Grades 7-12 (Mattawa)
- Franco-Cité (Sturgeon Falls)
- Héritage (North Bay)
- Jeunesse Active (Sturgeon Falls)
- L’Odyssée (North Bay)
- La Résurrection (Sturgeon Falls)
- Lorrain (Bonfield)
- Mariale (Thorne)
- Nipissing Ouest (Sturgeon Falls)
- Saint-Joseph (Sturgeon Falls)
- Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin (Astorville)
- Sainte-Anne (Mattawa)
- Sainte-Marguerite-d’Youville (Verner)
- Saints-Anges (North Bay)
- St. Raymond (North Bay)
- St. Vincent (North Bay)
The union and province have been trying to negotiate a new deal, but the talks have broken down. Schools will reopen on Friday.