North Bay OPP release Road Safety Week numbers
The numbers are in for the North Bay OPP after Road Safety Week.
Officers say during this year’s campaign, which ran from May 12 to 18, police were present and visible on local roadways, which resulted in the following charges:
- One Impaired by Alcohol charge
- One Impaired by Drug charge
- 212 Speeding charges
- Three Stunt Driving charges
- One Careless Driving charge
- Two Warn Range Suspensions
- Three Distracted Driving charges
Officials say the campaign is designed to increase public compliance with safe driving measures, and target behaviours that put motorists, passengers and pedestrians at risk. Some of those behaviours include impaired driving, distracted driving, aggressive driving and lack of seatbelt use.
Police say they will continue to monitor local streets and highways, and with the summer months here, traffic will increase.