Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsCanadore College launches virtual tours

Canadore College launches virtual tours

Future students of Canadore College will be able to take a virtual tour of the school before they come to campus in September.

“Just like an in-person walk-through, the tours showcase campus life, and Canadore’s world-class facilities, enabling students to imagine themselves on campus, and get a sneak peek into their classrooms and labs while interacting with the spaces that interest them,” said Josh Willard, Canadore’s Supervisor of Marketing and Social Media in a statement.

The virtual tours will allow future students to roam around the campus on their own, or be shown around by a virtual tour guide.

The rollout of the virtual tours comes during a time when college students would normally be taking in-person tours of the campus. Despite students not being able to physically see Canadore, Shawn Chorney, Vice President of Enrolment Management, Indigenous and Student Services says that enrollment for the fall hasn’t taken a big hit.

- Advertisement -

“Everything considered, our enrollment is looking pretty good. It’s still too soon to tell how things will firm up in the fall,” Chorney said in an interview. He said the biggest challenge has been with how to get international students to the campus safely.

Regardless of how many students will be there, Canadore’s classrooms will be looking different this year.

“There will be some program areas where there will be a face-to-face element – like fixing an engine or performing respiratory therapy, for example,” explained Chorney. He said that programs are being assessed on a case-by-case basis to see what mode of instruction will best suit it.

Chorney also said that other college services such as financial aid and mental health support will be offered virtually as to minimize the amount of traffic on campus.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading