Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsCanadore launches new app for students

Canadore launches new app for students

Canadore College has launched a new app that seeks to help students adjust to life on campus.

The new iCent app is a centralized hub that links students to resources regarding COVID-19, financial aid, student resources, and important updates.

George Burton, Canadore’s President, says that the app will help students feel more comfortable on campus.

“We are always exploring ways to make the students’ transition to Canadore seamless for them and their families. The iCent app is one more way we can do that,” said Burton.

- Advertisement -

The app will be mandatory for all international students coming to campus this fall. The college says that this is because iCent will connect them to important forms and documents which they can fill out and submit directly through the app.

It will not be mandatory for domestic students to download iCent.

Shawn Chorney, Canadore’s Vice President of Enrolment Management, Indigenous and Student Services says that the app intends to best benefit international students.

“Because the app was designed with the international learner in mind, it contains an incredible amount of information from the basics through to accessing student health coverage and supports and as such, we encourage all students to download it as a useful tool to enhance their confidence and success,” Chorney said.

Canadore will be holding some in class-instruction this school year for programs where hands-on training and instruction are required. Anything that can be done online, will be.

Canadore says that personal information will be collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with privacy laws.

The app is now available through the Apple and Google app stores.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading