A camp on Peddlers Drive was the scene of theft over the holidays. North Bay OPP says the break and enter is believed to have happened between New Year’s Eve and New Years Day.
Police say when the owner returned to his residence, he found that his gun safe containing firearms were removed from his residence.
The firearms are described as:
- A semi-automatic .40 caliber hand gun.
- A semi-automatic .22 caliber hand gun.
- A semi-automatic 9 mm hand gun.
- A bolt action .22 caliber rifle.
- A bolt action .303 caliber rifle.
- A bolt action 7.62 mm rifle.
- A semi-automatic .44 caliber rifle.
- Two air rifles.
A 44-year-old Mattawa area man has been charged with break and enter and mischief under $5000, but the stolen guns have not been recovered.
Police are asking the public for information regarding the incident. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.