A 33-year-old North Bay man is facing an attempted murder charge after police say he broke into a home.
At approximately 10:30 am yesterday, police say the man went to the home in the 1700 block of Cassells Street in North Bay and forced his way in.
Two adults in the residence fled on foot as he entered.
Police say the accused chased an adult male and assaulted him with a knife.
- Advertisement -
Officers arrived as the assault was in progress and arrested the accused.
The man was charged with:
- One count of Attempt Murder;
- One count of Break, Enter and commit an Indictable offence
- One count of Aggravated Assault
- One count of Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Person;
- Two counts of Assault with a Weapon;
- Two counts of Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance;
- One count of Possession of a Prohibited Weapon;
- Four counts of Breaching a Prohibition Order; and
- One count of Breach of Probation.
The male victim received injuries that required medical attention.
Officers searched the accused and seized:
- a small quantity of suspected fentanyl
- a small quantity of suspected cocaine.
- a prohibited weapon (a switchblade knife).
Officers say the accused and the victim didn’t know each other.
The accused is being held in custody pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse on July 5th.