The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit says several vaccine clinics will be open for walk-ins this week.
They include sessions on:
- Tuesday, July 20th at Memorial Gardens in North Bay (10 am to 4:30 pm) approx. 1,000 doses available
- Wednesday, July 21st in SSJ Arena in Sundridge (1 pm to 5 pm) approx. 150 doses available
- Wednesday, July 21st at Mike Rodden Arena in Mattawa (1:30 pm to 3:30 pm) approx. 150 doses available
- Thursday, July 22nd at Memorial Gardens in North Bay (12 pm to 5:30 pm) approx. 1,000 doses available
- Friday, July 23rd at the West Nipissing Community Centre, Sturgeon Falls. (10 am to 3 pm) approx. 600 doses available
The Health Unit continues to offer booked appointments, as well.
With more vaccines available, the Health Unit is now able to carry both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines at each clinic.
Officials say that ensures anyone aged 12 and older can receive the vaccine at all clinics in the district.
The Health Unit, meantime, is reporting no new cases of COVID-19 Monday afternoon.
This after ten were reported from the weekend.
All of those were in Nipissing.
With resolved cases, there are now 23 active cases in the district.
Twenty-two are in Nipissing with one in Parry Sound District.
Over 60 percent of residents ages 12 and up are fully vaccinated in our region while over 75 percent have had at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine.