The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit is advising of a potential COVID-19 exposure on a couple of school bus routes.
The routes are 277 and 278 and according to the Nipissing-Parry Sound Student Transportation Services website both are in the East Parry Sound District – north of and including Highway 522.
The public health agency says the potential exposure was between September 8th and September 10th.
All high-risk close contacts have been contacted.
The Health Unit says not everyone who were on the buses are considered high-risk and anyone not contacted by public health is considered low-risk, and should monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
“If your child experiences symptoms, even mild symptoms, they should self-isolate and arrange to be tested immediately,” states a release by the Health Unit.
• Fever and/or chills (temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100 degrees Fahrenheit)
• Cough or barking cough (croup)
• Shortness of breath
• Decrease or loss of taste or smell
• Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
• Muscle aches and pain
• Sore throat
• Runny or stuffy nose
• Abdominal pain
• Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
• Decreased or lack of appetite