Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsCanadore dedicates new Wellness Garden

Canadore dedicates new Wellness Garden

There’s a new on-campus Wellness Garden at Canadore College. 

It’s thanks to their Toronto partner, Stanford International College of Business and Technology.

The Stanford International College Wellness Garden is built at the entrance to The Village – the health and wellness facility located at Canadore’s College Drive Campus in North Bay.

“The Village is our holistic approach to health and wellness training and education based on the practices of Indigenous, Eastern and Western cultures all of which encompass a healthy mind, body, and spirit,” said George Burton, Canadore President and CEO.  “The garden is a key attribute supporting Canadore’s vision of the Village and provides another teaching and learning element for students, staff and community.”

- Advertisement -

“The Wellness Garden provides an opportunity for people to experience a part of Eastern culture,” said David Ding, President of Stanford International College.  “We love the people of North Bay and hope they become more and more familiar with Eastern culture by visiting the garden.”

The Wellness Garden embodies elements of wind, water, sound, fire, and soil and while Eastern cultures influenced the design, the garden utilizes hardy plants that fit our northern climate. 

Along with cherry blossoms, irises and trees there are stone paths that cross water features.

The Canadore Foundation thanked Stanford International College for its original $1 million donation that made the Wellness Garden possible and announced a further commitment from Stanford of an additional $1 million over the next five years. 

This funding will more directly help international and domestic students studying at Canadore College in North Bay.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading