Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsCanadore students to learn abroad

Canadore students to learn abroad

The international department at Canadore College is preparing for a return to normal operations and that includes sending students abroad.  

In a release, the college says to truly internationalize its campuses, they need to send domestic students to study and engage in global experiences abroad, on top of welcoming international students. 

That includes sending students to countries like Mexico, Ukraine, Costa Rica and Ireland. 

“Even before the arrival of the pandemic, few Canadian post-secondary students graduated with international education experience. Financial reasons were often cited as a barrier,” said Dr. Aamir Taiyeb, Canadore’s Director of International.  “The Government of Canada, through the Global Skills Opportunity (GSO) program, has stepped in to help Canadian public institutions meet their study abroad targets.”

- Advertisement -

Canadore has received $463,000 to send 76 students to other countries over the next four years. 

“Canadore College students will have the chance to develop their cultural awareness, build global networks, learn new languages, and develop internationally transferable skills and competencies,” said George Burton, Canadore President and CEO.

The launch of the program, which covers all of the student’s expenses during their two or three-week stay, has been delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic and student mobility will only be allowed if government travel advisories permit. 

The college says student safety is the priority. 

For more information visit www.canadorecollege.ca/exchange.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading