Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsCooking with oil reminders after kitchen fire Tuesday

Cooking with oil reminders after kitchen fire Tuesday

- Advertisement -

A kitchen fire on Sylvan Crescent Tuesday night is prompting a few reminders from North Bay Fire and Emergency Services.  

Deputy Fire Chief Greg Saunders says four people were able to get out of the home and call 9-1-1.  

When firefighters entered the residence they found a pot of oil on the stove that was on fire.  The fire was extinguished with a dry-chemical extinguisher and the pot removed from the residence,” says Saunders. 

He also says the residence was ventilated.  

“This fire was eerily close to extending into the rest of the home and causing significantly more damage as there was significant heat and smoke on arrival,” says Saunders 

- Advertisement -

NBFES reminds residents to never leave the kitchen unattended when cooking with oil and use an appliance that is meant to be used when cooking with oil – pointing out they have a shut-off feature if the oil gets too hot. 

If you do have a fire, the fire department says shut off the element and put a lid on the pot if you can do so safely, then get everyone out of the home and call 911 as soon as possible.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading