A 22-year-old from North Bay is facing a slew of drug trafficking and weapon charges.
City police report that as part of an investigation in partnership with the OPP, at around 6 pm last night, the accused was arrested after he left a Fisher Street residence last night.
Police say a search lead to them seizing a loaded handgun, nearly 80g of suspected cocaine, and $1,200 in cash.
The estimated street value of the seized drugs is approximately $9,660.
The accused was charged with:
- One count of Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- One count of Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000
- One count of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- One count of Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- One count of Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- One count of careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
- One count of Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- One count of Carrying concealed weapon
- One count of Failure to comply with undertaking
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing at the North Bay Courthouse.