Hundreds of Nipissing University students are getting ready to bring a shine to the community.
For 24 years, they’ve been taking part in Shinerama raising money and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis.
Over $480,000 has been raised, to date.
Students in bright yellow shirts will be set up at eight shine locations in North Bay from 11 am to 3 pm on Saturday, Sept. 3.
“Shine Day has become an event our students look forward to throughout orientation every year. We all get to wear neon shirts, work in teams, and meet amazing community members all in the name of raising money for Cystic Fibrosis,” says Harikesh Panchal, NUSU VP Advocacy & Awareness.
The goal this year is to raise $10,000.
Shine locations include:
- Parkers Independent – Laurentian Ave
- gd2go – Foran Street (car wash)
- Bay Truck Stop – ON 11 Highway (car wash)
- Mike & Lori’s No Frills – McKeown Ave
- Jeff and Tanis’ No Frills – Lakeshore Drive
- Kiwanis Bandshell – Waterfront
- NUSU Student Centre – College Drive
- Century 21 Blue Sky Region – Main Street East
Donations are also being accepted online: https://shinerama.crowdchange.ca/16594/team/5534.