Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsCelebrating accreditation for Nipissing’s School of Social Work

Celebrating accreditation for Nipissing’s School of Social Work

It’s a milestone moment for Nipissing University’s School of Social Work.

The school is now accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education’s (CASWE) Commission on Accreditation.

“Achieving First Accreditation with CASWE is a major accomplishment for our program,” says Dr. Douglas Gosse, Associate Dean of Education and Professional Studies and Director (Interim) of the School of Social Work. “Being accredited by CASWE signifies a level of excellence, not only in social work education, but also in practice, research, and other scholarly activities.”

Nipissing’s Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program started in 2017 with its inaugural cohort graduating in 2018. 

- Advertisement -

Officials say since then, the school has seen a substantial increase in enrollment, with the most recent graduating class being twice the size of that in 2018.

“The School of Social Work prides itself on its small class sizes and strong connections between students and faculty which ensures students enter the field feeling prepared, supported, and connected to the professors who helped them hone their skills,” says Gosse.

After being granted pre-accreditation status in 2018, officials say the school has worked with its students, the university, and community partners to build a social work program that meets the needs of North Bay and surrounding areas, with Indigenous, rural, Francophone, and broader Northern communities in mind.

The school is hosting a celebration Tuesday, March 21 from 1-3 pm in the Nipissing Theatre and on Zoom. 

For more information, visit: https://www.nipissingu.ca/socialwork

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading