Over $3.4 million is going to eight economic development projects in the region.
Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing, says the funding through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation will help Northern businesses and create 74 full-time jobs in the region.
“Supporting community and businesses development creates jobs, keeps our region competitive and attracts new investment,” said MPP Vic Fedeli. “Our government is helping companies and communities thrive and providing real opportunities for the people of the Nipissing District.”
The NOHFC is funding the following projects:
- $1.1 million for Nexco Inc to develop innovative and greener explosive products for the mining and construction industries
- $775,000 for Corexplore Drilling Services to purchase two additional drills and supports equipment for surface mining and exploration projects
- $524,000 for Martel & Mitchell Rehabilitation to purchase equipment, renovate the existing facility and build an adjoining new workspace
- $400,000 for Redpath Mining to build an additional facility to increase repair work capacity
- $296,000 for Bur Oak Resources Inc. – to build a net zero manufacturing facility
- $200,000 for the Capitol Centre to replace aging infrastructure
- $94,000 for Fur Harvesters Auction Inc to renovate purchase equipment
- $90,000 for Mincon Canada to purchase equipment and renovate a facility