Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsRotary honours Great Student Award winners

Rotary honours Great Student Award winners

The Rotary Club of North Bay is recognizing a dozen area youth.  

Officials held their annual Great Student Awards presentation on Monday at the Grande Event Centre.  

Senior students from each secondary school in North Bay and area were honoured their involvement in volunteerism in the community or abroad. 

Officials say Rotary International’s motto is “Service Above Self” and through this awards program, the club has been promoting those values to local youth to ensure they’re aware of the benefits of volunteerism.   

- Advertisement -

Students honoured include:
Angélique Levac, grade 12 student at Franco-Cité in Sturgeon Falls.
– Officials say she is a reliable member of the group Jeunes en action (Youths in Action) who devotes a lot of her time to the welfare of others in addition to raising funds to help people in need at school and in the community.

Gabriella Bélanger, is a grade 12 student at ÉSC Algonquin.
-Rotary says she is an engaged student and citizen of this community, is an active member of many different school groups and at the forefront of many activities to help organize and to give a hand anytime help is needed.

Haight Dubois is a grade 12 student at FJ McElligott Intermediate Secondary School in Mattawa.
-On top of being on student council and an athlete, officials say he’s very involved in the school community, connects with deep sincerity and compassion and makes others feel accepted.

Brooke Juselius, is a grade 11 student at West Ferris Secondary School.
– Rotary says she is a student senator and is always seeking ways to get involved to better the school community, and more.

Aiden Devolin is a Grade 10 student at Chippewa Secondary School.
– Officials say he consistently volunteers to support intermediate and special education students, is well respected by his teachers and peers and is a positive ambassador for the school community.

Niibin Nakogee is a grade 11 student at Nbisiing Secondary School.
– Along with being a great role model in the school community, Rotary says he is kind, caring, and consistently willing to help others and to give back to the community.

Jacob Lafond is a grade 11 student at École secondaire publique Nipissing Ouest.
– Officials say he is a reliable, empathetic individual who rises to the occasion to help those in need, offers his time and energy to various clubs, committees, and events, and has grown to be a true leader.

Michael Rolling is a student at Northern Secondary School in Sturgeon Falls.
– Rotary says he has been a wonderful support to his peers throughout the school community and has volunteered for OutLoud in North Bay, is attentive to the needs of those around him in his role on the student activity council and makes it his personal mission to help.

Paisley Nadon is a student at École secondaire catholique Élisabeth-Bruyère in Mattawa.
– Officials say she’s a member of the Student Council, has the ability to consider the interest, well-being and differences of all students, and is a skillful baker making desserts for church and Legion events.

Cedric Torres is a student at St. Joseph-Scollard Hall in North Bay.
– Officials say he’s looking to become a nurse, successfully secured a co-op placement at the North Bay Regional Health Centre, joined the volunteer team with the Hospital Elder Life Program and is said to be incredibly helpful and kind with elderly patients.

Ayla McNichol is grade 11 student at Almaguin Highlands in South River.
– Along with being a member of student council and an athlete, Rotary says she is a tutor supporting younger students in a history class and an ambassador student supporting students and running events at the school. Paige Buchanan is a student at École publique Odyssée.

Officials say she has spent over 300 knitting loom hats for babies coming out of the hospital, dedicated time to help new citizens and ran a toy drive at Christmas.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading