Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsProvincial funding to help with post-secondary STEM programming costs

Provincial funding to help with post-secondary STEM programming costs

Nipissing University and Canadore College are receiving over $1.8 million from the province.  

Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing, announced the money is to help with STEM programming costs, due to higher enrollments.  

“With this new provincial investment, Canadore College and Nipissing University will be able to continue their success in training students to obtain jobs in the labour market of today and tomorrow,” he says.  

The breakdown of STEM funding is as follows: 
– $1,184,294 for Nipissing University
– $652,765 for Canadore College

- Advertisement -

Dr. Kevin Wamsley, President and Vice-Chancellor, Nipissing University says offers undergraduate and graduate level programming in areas such as computer science, biology, mathematics, psychology, and more.  

“Students in these programs are learning from some of the best and brightest STEM researchers in the country,” he says. “This funding will enable these programs to continue to thrive and prepare students to become leaders in their chosen field.”  

George Burton, President & CEO of Canadore says the college offers STEM Programs in the Schools of Environmental Studies and Biotechnology, Information Technology, Trades and Technology, and Aviation and Aerospace Technology. 

“Programs at Canadore College are flexible enough to respond to the rapidly changing workforce demands in the STEM industries,” he says. “Our students graduate job ready, and many are hired even before graduation.” 

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading