Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsNipissing University opens new facility

Nipissing University opens new facility

Students at Nipissing University’s School of Business have the chance to get even more local.

Through the Sparrow Experiential Learning Centre, students will be able to engage in learning by developing knowledge, skills and values from direct experiences outside a traditional academic setting, which includes hands-on engagement opportunities with the community.

The Sparrow Experiential Learning Centre was made possible by a donation from the Sparrow family.

“The reason we choose to support Nipissing University and create the Sparrow Experiential Learning Centre is because our Dad and Grandfather, and our Mom and Grandmother were self-made entrepreneurs here in North Bay,” says Pam Laycock, granddaughter of the late Herb and Tena Sparrow. “Together they supported several business start-ups in Northern Ontario and have always felt that it was important to do their part to give back to the greater community. They saw the value of education and helped many students in their pursuit of higher education.

- Advertisement -

“The Sparrow Experiential Learning Centre is the embodiment of these wonderful aspects of Herb and Tena’s legacy in this community and we are honoured that it will support students in their academic journeys for years to come,”

The Sparrow Experiential Learning Centre will facilitate a connection between students, faculty and the community with a space for generating and sharing ideas, providing valuable workshops and engaging in a dialogue with community partners regarding their business needs.

“We are grateful for the commitment from the Sparrow Family and their support of the School of Business,” said Dr Mike DeGagné, President & Vice-Chancellor of Nipissing University “Our business programs will be able to connect students to valuable and unique learning opportunities that bridge academic interests with our community”

The facility is now open to students, faculty and the community.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading